IMPORTANT: YOU MUST FOLLOW EVERY STEP EXACTLY OR YOUR PRINTER WILL NOT WORK!
These are the instructions for setting up your Zebra printer for use on your Mac OSX. You will need to provide your computer's login and password for an administrator level account several times throughout this process. You will only need to go through this process once and it should take about 15 minutes to complete.
The zebra barcode printers do not come pre-loaded with ink or labels. Before setup, ensure that your printer has its ink ribbon and labels loaded.
- Plug In and Turn On your Printer then attach the printer to your computer with the USB cord.
- Allow Access to CUPS (The Printer Setup Tool)
- Open the Terminal App (Press Command+Spacebar and type Terminal to find it quickly)
- Paste or type in "cupsctl WebInterface=yes" and hit return
- Click on this link http://localhost:631. (You can also type or paste the link into your web browser.)
- Select "Adding Printers and Classes"
- Select "Add Printer"
- Select the Zebra printer found under the "Local Printers" section
- Name the printer "VFBarcodePrinter" and un-share. (This step is critical to our app working. Make sure the spelling is correct.)
- Select Make: "Zebra" and Model: "ZPL" the click "Add Printer"
- Set Media Size: "3.00 x 2.00", Resolution: "300dpi", Media Tracking "Continuous", Media Type: "Printer Default" and click "Set Default Options"
The VFZebra app is a simple script that looks for the latest printable .zpl barcode label files in your Downloads directory and sends the files to the Zebra printer to be printed.
- Download and Open VFZebra.app.zip
- Drag VFZebra.app to your Applications Folder
- Drag VFZebra.app from the Applications folder to your programs bar
- Open VFZebra and click "OK" to the security message
- Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy
- Unlock the page and allow the opening of VFZebra.app
- Allow opening of VFZebra.app
If you have any trouble you can contact us at email@example.com for assistance.