Please note: all wine shipped overseas, wine over 10 years old, and special order wines are final sale.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase of fine wine from us, or we have made an error with your order, please email us immediately at email@example.com explaining the reasons for your dissatisfaction. Each situation will be reviewed on an individual basis in light of facts and circumstances of that case and resolved promptly.
Other than for Vinfolio errors, we generally cannot accept a return if title has been transferred to you for longer than 90 days because the passage of time generally limits our ability to recover credit from our supplier and we have no way of verifying your storage conditions.
Note that we may require you to return questionable bottles (including both opened and unopened ones) to us for evaluation and for possible return to our supplier. Such bottles must have the Vinfolio-generated barcode label attached as proof that the wine came from us. Should we accept responsibility (in our sole discretion), we will either exchange bottle(s) or issue a credit towards future purchases (including round-trip shipping charges). Set forth below are examples of both valid and invalid reasons for returning wine, which are subject to Vinfolio's investigation, review and final evaluation of the relevant facts and circumstances regarding a particular request for return.
Valid reasons for return:
- Corked or flawed wine. The winery, not Vinfolio, is the source of this problem but we understand it can be disappointing.
- Wrong wine was sent (e.g., different vintage than ordered)
- Bottle condition upon arrival was not consistent with our inspection guidelines
- Wine is leaking upon arrival, spoiled or "cooked" (only if it was shipped in accordance with Vinfolio Safe Shipping; we do not guarantee condition if you chose use standard shipping)
- Shipper errors - we'll file a claim against the shipper.
Invalid reasons for return:
- You decide you don't want the wine after title has transferred to you (see When title (ownership) passes from Vinfolio to Customer).
- The wine is showing signs of damage after leaving our possession for reasons including without limitation adverse weather conditions during shipment (where you have not used Vinfolio Safe Shipping or for any international shipment), delays caused by failed delivery attempts through no fault of the shipper, improper storage, or other forms of mistreatment.
- You don't like the wine.
- You received a gift from someone via Vinfolio and want to exchange it.
Wine shipped overseas, wine over 10 years old, and special order wines are final sale.